RFP: DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE MARKET
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) is a regional grouping of 21 African States which have agreed to promote regional integration through trade development and transport facilitation. More information can be obtained from the COMESA website www.comesa.int.
The COMESA Secretariat intends to develop an online market platform to facilitate regional electronic trade for its 21 Member States. The system will be a fully-fledged e-business solution in the COMESA region and beyond. The system is intended to bring over 580 million people to a new virtual market to help residents of COMESA Member States and the rest of the world to buy, sell, market, insure, deliver and receive products and services, wherever they are, in real time at a lower cost and to contribute to poverty reduction. The online market is also expected to take advantage of the COMESA Trade Facilitation instruments developed to ease doing business in the region.
- OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of the consultancy is to design, develop and implement a new virtual market to help residents of COMESA Member States and the rest of the world to buy, sell, insure, deliver and receive products and services, wherever they are, in real time duty free quota free within COMESA member states to contribute to poverty reduction.
The system will be designed to facilitate the following.
- Traders including SMEs and customer linkages
- B2C business model
- Ability to submit one Request for Quotation and receive multiple quotations from different vendors
- Customer loyalty programmes management
- Anti-counterfeit campaigns and buyer protection
- e Payment gateway and e payment channels integration
- Transport and other shipping logistics management
- Interfacing of similar official sites for member states to the main COMESA online market
- Statistical and reporting Module with data analytical tool
The following are key modules and functions: Business Directory, Orders fulfilment, Transport, Tracking, One Request-Multiple Quotations, Customer profiling, Stock management, Security Module, e payment gateway and e-Payments channels,data analytical tool.
The firm will primarily be responsible for design & development of the online marketplace, installation, testing, preparation of online user manual and training of COMESA staff on how to maintain the online portal which will be hosted by COMESA Secretariat. The firm will work with COMESA staff members to ensure implementation, efficient performance and delivery of the expected results. The detailed scopes of the work are specified in below.
Click on the links below for more details.
- RFP – Consultancy to Develop Design and Implement online market (6 downloads)
- TOR – COMESA Online Market (5 downloads)